Friday 6 March 2009

Beware the Spikes!

Today is a good day. There is sunshine, winter blue skies, and I'm finally getting back to my normal self after a bit of an 'off' week.
Last night was probably the longest night in months for me! I got more sleep than was good for me (10 hours!!! usually I only sleep for around 5 and a half!). Needless to say then, when I woke up it was kind of late and all the frost that I had watched forming last night had melted (we finally got frost again just in time for me to go all 'sleeping beauty' on it. how good is that!). Monty enjoyed a late walk however and we went to the shops to pick up some stuff for my tea this evening. On our way back from the shops, Monty and I took a detour through the South fields and it appears that the Gorse bushes are gearing up for summer. On a warm summer day driving along past Rushmere Heath with the windows rolled down, the car is filled with the most amazing smell of coconut! The yellow flowers smell wonderfully tropical and if you rub one between your fingers, the scent stays with you for hours! Beware of the Prickles however. As you can see from the picture, Gorse is the most horrendously spiky bush, and incredibly painful should you fall into it (which I have done before).
My afternoon has been spent talking to Cecilie in Norway and trying to memorise much of the Norwegian she has taught me (not doing so well at that task). She is so good to try however and never seems to get annoyed when I butcher the Norsk language. I take comfort from the fact that I can understand words here and there when I watch videos on VGTV and on the Edgar hansen interview that so many of my friends sent me links to last night (thanks guys!!!)
---
NW Forums update,
I am still unable to access the forums but I am hoping that since the internet provider guys are busy beavering away, I may hopefully be able to get back on soon *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, spins left on the spot three times*
Oh, and I might be getting a new laptop tomorrow!!! :D

4 comments:

  1. ..."*crosses fingers, knocks on wood, spins left on the spot three times*"... Uh, Fizz you forgot a very important one... "Bite the head off something"... lol!
    Ooooo, a new laptop!... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! knew there was something! :D *bites head of herring* ta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fizz - I've been too busy to go to the forums. Hope nothing earthshattering is happening! I'm sure someone would let us know. Great pictures. I see signs of spring here, too. I'll add my best wishes for your connection problems to be fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too much has been going on. NW is onits way home. They should be parked in like 2 or 3 days unless weather keeps them out. Hope you get your laptop...looks like mine is on hold.

    ReplyDelete