Thursday 26 March 2009

Play until your fingers bleed...

Maybe TODAY'S post should have been the one called Stormy Day! At about 4'o'clock this afternoon the sky went eerily dark and when I looked outside there were these fantastic clouds! Really moody and threatening. I scampered about trying to find Mr Camera, who had as usual, made himself scarce and eventually found him in a paper bag underneath the sofa for some bizarre reason!!! We currently have Mad March winds! In April we usually have showers, and in May we have high winds again. Only in June does the weather get relatively more docile. I kinda like the storms though. I hope they stay!
I picked up my guitar again today! Now that I have recovered from my lessons with Rouiry and the subsequent dislike I felt for my guitar. It is now my friend again and today I played so much and so vigorously, I actually made my fingers bleed!! I didn't even know you could do that! I just thought it was an expression! I havent had that much fun playing my guitar in years, and it has definately encouraged me to play more. I was learning new strumming techniques and even attempted to write a little tune! (I shan't put any words to it if it ever gets off the ground, as I am hopelessly dismal at songwriting. I have tried in the past, but I am not a poet. I still think my best ever poem was composed in year 4 of primary scool when I was 9 so that might give you an idea of the level of my poetic ability.) What tunes I do make up nowadays, remain wordless and I like them better like that. They let your imagination take you places as you listen to them.
All in all, Today has been a good day (apart from a few bruises, bleeding fingers and a bumped head -which hurt alot-).
I wonder what tomorrow will bring!
~~~
Dad moment of the week:
"I ordered our fishing bait today Fizz, we'll be able to fish the sea dry with all that lot! we might need to register ourselves as an international fishing force and get ourselves some IFQs!"

2 comments:

  1. Now that the pressure is off to learn and practice the guitar… you will! Good luck! Happy fishing! Those sure are some ominous looking clouds!

    ReplyDelete