Wednesday 18 March 2009

Goodbye WBW!

Tomorrow is the day that Dad sells his car. A very sad day, as it is one of the best cars he has ever had! Certainly one of the most colorful! The picture doesn't show it very well but it is a spectacular, metallic yellowish-greenish color and you definately feel like one of a kind when driving around in it. Sure, its done a few miles, the muffler had to be duck taped years ago to stop from falling off, it makes wierd clunky sounds when you turn corners, there are bits of the paintwork missing and only one of the speakers works for the CD player, but its an old faithful companion and I doubt that Dad's new one will ever have an eigth as much personality as WBW has! The new car is arriving tomorrow and I havent even seen it yet so tomorrow might be a fun day!
All this means of course, Larry the Lizard will have to move house. Larry has been with us as long as the car! he has never known another home so hopefully the new car will have a suitable hidey hole for him.
Today has been eerily quiet! Monty and I were by ourselves so we decided to go visit the Grandparents who are in fine form. Now, after cooking Dad a dinner of Chicken, Rice and Honey Mustard sauce, he has gone out again and Monty and I have found good times snuggled up and watching some Deadliest Catch! I have raided my store of Pixy Stix from Angela and after a day of some really good Norwegian studies, my head is thinking in Norsk and its great!!! Makes me very happy. Happy Wednesday to you all!

(p.s. Mum and Baby Sis had a great day in Edinburgh and are now visiting Little Sis in St Andrews! I think Baby Sis likes Edinburgh. Does this mean I will have two Sisters living in Scotland???)

-- oh and Angel Girl said I should put this little story in--
I was at the Grandparents house today looking out of the window with Grandad when suddenly a duck flew overhead! Grandad said "duck!" so what did I do?? I hit the floor of course!!! Grandad laughed. he must of thought I was being very bizzarre though!

3 comments:

  1. lol. at least he knew it was a duck! he didnt confuse it for a goose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim… lol! I’m curious Fizz, what year is WBW? And what does “WBW” stand for???… Dare I ask?!?… Congrats to Dad on his new vehicle! Be kind to Larry, he may need some time adjusting to his new home…change is always hard… lol! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think It was 1997! so it was quite old :)
    WBW was the last two (two? I mean three!) letters on the number plate. WBW is pronounced Wobbleu! :D

    ReplyDelete