Sunday 8 March 2009

UFOs? its gotta be a joke.

Since Mum and I were just hanging around today with no plans, we decided to go for a walk in Rendlesham Forest with a picnic. I love Rendlesham forest and even though I have probably walked every inch of it over the years, it is still one of my favourite places. there are so many paths you can take and so many ways to get lost, that one can never get bored. Mum and I walked the UFO path today! In the 1980 there was a series of UFO "sightings" over many nights at the American airbase at Rendlesham that have been puzzled over for over 20 years now. Flying objects suspended in yellow mist, Lights moving through the trees, and farm animals in a states of panic throught the days of the sightings all seem pretty spooky but I am really not convinced. I have never entertained the idea of aliens with any real belief however. They are a fun novelty idea, good for a sci-fi story but not plausible really. Im kinda thinking the whole series of sightings was a hoax. Its a fun hoax though and seems to have fooled quite a few people! So whoever concocted the whole thing must be congratulated! Dad was out fishing again today, I was wondering how it would go because a few days ago, he found his scorecard from his last fishing match in which he blanked! (NOT a good sign.) Luck was on his side today however! 1 Cod and 2 pouting! Being an inquisitive sort of person, I decided to learn how to gut and fillet a fish. Mum, who has been doing it for years now, was very kind and taught me and it is harder than it looks somehow! I think I did okay however and there was no bones in it, so I take that as a bonus. You can't beat fresh fish after a busy day (I certainly needed a sensible meal after the very naughty sandwich I invented for my lunch. Nutella and peanut butter, delicious.) Mum has also pushed the boat out and prepared pickled pouting! I am not sure what I think of this idea but if you can do pickled herring, I dare say pickled pouting is acceptable also. I may have to psych myself up for that little delicacy though. I will tell you what it is like when I have got up the courage. Im sure that by taking this picture I got fish all over my camera but the clouds were so amazing tonight! we had squalls with hail and high winds this evening and the clouds had some amazing shapes. Shortly after this picture was taken appeared some magnificent downbursts (which I then accidently deleted the picture of) and something that was very almost mammatus clouds! Very cool weather and very exciting for me! If you look carefully, you can just see the last of the sun's rays touching the tops of the trees! Well, that is it from Ipswich today, I am now off to watch the news on a French TV station! have fun everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ~Spoken in an alien voice(!)~...Take me to your leader!... lol! Sorry, couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buiiild the Jacuuuuzi and we will coooome! (tyhis probably only makes sense if you have seen Muppets in space... )

    ReplyDelete