Wednesday 25 March 2009

Stormy Day

~the last of my pictures from the weekend~
The weather today was some of the best weather we have had in weeks!!! 20mph winds, 46'F, driving rain, hail, thunder and lightening! what a day!!! Driving through the village today, Mom and I saw that at the small duck pond, the willow tree has actually fallen down! Right into the middle of the pond, so I guess the ducks now have a new perch! I very much doubt that anyone will ever get round to taking it out of the pond so it may very well become a permanent fixture! I love days when the unexpected happens. I knew that today was going to be windy, but to actually blow down a tree which I didn't even think was in danger of coming down, is quite an acheivement!
I hope we get more days like today this year. They are incredibly fun!
Dad and I are going Fishing on Saturday! We dont know where we are going yet, It could be Felixtowe, Aldeburgh or East Lane but I guess it all depends on where the good fishing is! I hope I get to catch a nice Cod or two. Maybe a pouting also so that I can do some more pickled pouting! That was delicious and much better than the Sursild (pickled herring)!
I get to use my Multiplier reel on saturday! Dad is now teaching me to use multipliers and I can cast about 130ft with that reel so I'm quite excited to be able to actually use it usefully! as much as I enjoy casting practise, you dont usually catch anything in a field! (apart from the odd rabbit or two.).
It has been years since I was last out fishing. I have always loved it and as I was born during the Cod season and dad was on the beach alot, I have gone fishing ever since I was a baby . My first trip fishing was when I was only six weeks old aparrently! This is probably the reason I love the sea so much. Good memories and fun times with Dad on the beach (plus some great catches aswell!).
~A quick doodle I did in the car on the trip down to kent at the weekend.
Im so glad I dont get travelsick! Mom and Baby Sis have to pop pills and concentrate very hard to not feel ill. Without this problem, I get to doodle away, study, take pictures etc. Its kinda fun! "Den Mørke Kråken" means "The Dark Crow". ~

1 comment:

  1. ..."apart from the odd rabbit or two."... Ooooo poor bunnies!
    Have fun fishing on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete