Saturday 7 March 2009

The Tardis Bank comes in useful!

First of all today, a big welcome to *_&惡莋劇~ from China! I find it absolutely amazing that I can greet someone from all the way over there.
So! what happened today? well...Today was the day for a computer purchase! I had a little bit of money in my Tardis money bank so I went out with Dad to the electrical store knowing exactly what I wanted and how much I was willing to spend. Fortunately, The store had a computer with a great widescreen, lots of memory, and very good looking also!
Its a Toshiba and so if reports are to be believed, I'm thinking its going to very good. If it does decide to go wrong however, I have 3 years cover!!!
I bought to go with my new laptop, a graphics tablet which will make photoshop pictures much easier when I can find a copy of Photoshop to buy, and a new 2GB memory stick becuase I keep running out of room on my other one (darn DC episodes!).
It is so good to finally have a Computer that doesn't crash at the mildest provocation and that actually has SOUND!!! noises come out of its speakers! and I can now watch a certain favourite DVD from the comfort of a sofa rather than perched at the family computer upstairs. The new computer has made no difference at all to my Internet problems but I still keep my fingers crossed that I shall soon be "forum-ing" soon!
Here then is a picture of my little "computer station" with my two computers up and running, The new one in the background it just waiting for some NW pics that I have just put on my memory stick from "crabtop" as Angela so wonderfully named it.
right, signing off now, but here is a last couple of things:
Thanks for all the updates from The Northwestern Forums guys! I enjoyed the Hansen family Norwegian interviews so much! They shall also be very useful for my norwegian practise!!
aaaand,
My new computer needs a suitable name, so if anyone wants to put forth a name feel free and I shall choose one when I have enough suggestions! :D

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fizz! It’s a beauty!… A name huh?… hmmm…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does the time go. I had to play catch up on here (but then I finally updated mine - HA). Congrats on the new laptop. Can't think of a name for it though. Nothing new on the NW but I see a debate brewing on whether or not the NW is coming home or staying :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. NW is on its way home. Should be dockside today or tomorrow. Im thinking tomorrow. They always bring the boat in to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Sig and Edgar insist on it. Even though it costs a small fortune in fuel. Might not need as much work this year but they will go over everything in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete