Saturday 7 February 2009

Winter Moon

For years I have struggled taking pictures of the Moon. Not tonight however! After my Dad bought me a "Gorilla Pod" for my Christmas present and after I bought a new Camera with super duper pixels I have finally been able to capture her in all her beauty. Ever since I was small I used to love seeing the Moon and have always greeted her warmly when she appears from behind the banks of clouds that are the status quo of British weather. I have watched her rise, orange from behind the waves off a lonely beach whilst fishing, I have seen her setting in the morning ready to light some other part of the globe and I have seen her in shadow during a Lunar Eclipse. Tonight she was kind and let me take her picture and now as I sit here writing this, she is gone again. British weather once again obscures her and she is left alone for a bit. Hopefully this wont be my last picture I manage to capture of the Moon. Such a feeling of accomplishment!

2 comments:

  1. love it Fizz! I am sending that one along to my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Fizz, what a AMAZING picture! Awesome, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete