Tuesday 10 February 2009

Rain and an Earache

~Monty was unfazed by this notice and stayed off the lead. Fortunately, the Collie/Sheepdog part of him ignored the ewes and he didn't try to round them up~

~all this sand was meant to be in the river! I didn't realise that it was much alike to quicksand so I did sink quite spectacuarly~

~the seagulls were everywhere today and were enjoying all the extra water that had appeared in all the fields!~ ~I remember thinking to myself as I took this picture: "are my boots waterproof?" They were. Kind of.~ A month's worth of rain fell last night! I thought something was odd this morning when I woke up and found a lake sitting right in front of our house where there should have been a field. Flood warnings were out in force today as rain and sleet continued right into this evening. I know people are complaining about the unpredictable weather and are finding something to gripe about but I am rather enjoying it! I love not knowing what the weather is going to do. I have however bought some provisions. A Helly Hansen thermal top is my latest acquisition and here is the funny bit. I bought it because it felt warm and looked a little bit like the top that Captain Sig is wearing in... ...this picture. what I didn't realise was: it is EXACTLY the top that Sig Hansen is wearing in this picture! Now that I am clued into this fact, I wear my Helly Hansen "Sig top" with pride It is incredibly warm so I can understand why he wears it. My family were huddled in jumpers this evening during tea and I was just wearing my HH top with the sleeves rolled up feeling toasty. *satisfied grin*
I also did a daring thing today! I went to "the purple shop" - a marvelous hippy shop that is famous throughout Ipswich. Everyone knows where the purple shop is and it is a meeting place for swathes of teenagers in black hoodies and stripy socks- and I got myself a random ear piercing!!! I now have three piercings in one ear and two in the other. (I hope this is not one of my blog entries that my little sis reads. I dont want to mention it to my family as I am kind of seeing how long it will take them to notice) My ear therefore is complaining a little; but as Josh Harris says: "pain is weakness leaving the body" so all is good! I love doing random spontaneous things!

4 comments:

  1. 9 tatoos, 14 piercings. I repierced my tongue recently. 3 more piercings to go...maybe 4.or 5. and about another dozen tatoos that I really want. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have to get a few more piercings to be able to beat you then LMAO!!! I do wanna get a tatoo one day. well ok. a couple. :D one of them might have to have a NW theme I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve got 3 piercings in one ear and 2 in the other also!… Oh, I see we’re no match for Kim tho!… lol! How funny about Sig’s top!… I know you will wear it proudly… don’t forget to wash it now and then!…;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! good point Angel "piercing buddy" Girl. It looks better on me than on him though LMAO!

    ReplyDelete