Thursday 19 February 2009

Day of the shadow tree

The temperatures in Ipswich are positively tropical today! 9'C / 47'F. This means that after going out with a hat and gloves along with my sweater, I ended up very warm. Monty and I stomped up the hill and stomped across muddy tracks to our hearts content, and I think I might have tired him out as he walked perfectly to heel all the way home and I havent seen him since we got back. I fear the poor boy may have taken to his bed.
Today is a very un-photogenic day though, despite the temperatures. There is mist and drizzle and as I walked out with my camera, I was feeling very un-inspired. I soon realised that I would be unable to take any good pictures with the light levels as they were. I did have a bright idea however, and decided to take some pictures that could then be modified when I got home. The picture at the top of the page is the result!
There are times in life when one really wishes one had an Edit/Undo button. I made a typical Fizz mistake today and was not concentrating hard enough as I was deleting my unwanted pictures (I usually take about 25 and end up keeping approximately 5). Just as I pressed the Delete button on one of my Pictures, I realised that I was deleting my favourite picture for the day! The very one that would have made an excellent image! With no Image retrieval system on my camera, the thought struck me that I couldn't even go back and take another picture. The weather had changed and It would not be the same.

Life is like that though I guess.

4 comments:

  1. awww Fizz, I'm sorry about the picture you deleted… At least you’ll always have it in your memory…

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I never delete pics. I download them all to my computer and save them all. Only after they have been there a month or so do I go through and delete the really bad ones. Love the effects of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HMMMM... guess we could have traded weather lsat night - your drizzling rain for my tornadoes. But I love storms. My dog would love to go on your walks.

    ReplyDelete