Friday 6 February 2009

It's not snow. You promised me snow!

Today was the big day of departure. My sister and her friend Julia travelled home to Scotland today. They have about 6-7 hours of travel time to survive before they eventually get back to St Andrews so they should be dead tired by the time they walk in the front door. I always hate saying goodbye to Sis. It is quite a novelty to have someone in my family actually suggest watching Deadliest Catch as a pleasurable pastime rather than groaning and saying "not again". University calls however, and I probably shall not see her again until the summer.
I am seriously entertaining the thought of downloading Skype (I think that is what it is called) so that I can call people over the internet and be able to see them as I talk.

The weather does not know what it is up to at the moment. The forecast says snow for the next three days but with the weather being as undecided as it is, I shall believe it when I see it. Today it is either supposed to be sunny or snowy. so far, we have had 10 minutes of snow and then slushy drizzle.

The snow we did get though was pretty darn beautiful. I am glad it wasn't this cold when I was teaching some poi moves to my cousin yesterday. Jonathan is a surprisingly quick learner! it is quite refreshing to not have to struggle with the basics for once and I am sure that he will pick it up really quickly (I am not going to ask him how to teach me break dancing however as that would be a no-hoper with me! i am renowned for having two left feet and cannot dance for toffees.)

Another meal out with Aimée and Craig tonight! We haven't seen each other so much recently after their flat burned down and they had to relocate. It shall be fun then, to just hang out and talk about all things unimportant. I don't plan to have one of the 'Candy mania' ice-creams today unless I get bullied into it by Aimz (she is quite good at that! she makes you think you need the ice-cream! I wish i knew her technique!) and then home to watch the 'America's Deadliest Season' which hopefully my V+ box recorded for me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment