Saturday 21 February 2009

Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

What is this unseasonable weather!! It is February! There was a curious bright orb in the sky yesterday and NONE of those fluffy things that always seem to drip water on us from up on high! We therefore decided to take advantage of the weather and make a trip to Christchurch Park in the centre of Ipswich.
I love this park for the ancient Oak trees that are dotted everywhere. They have been there for centuries and seem more solid somehow than most of the new buildings that have been built in Ipswich recently.
The newest inhabitant of Christchurch Park is an owl which has become somewhat of a celebrity around here. He/She just sits in this particular tree every day and just watches the word pass. No one has given it a name yet, but I am sure that before long there will be name to put to the face.
I also saw a Duck! ~Edgar Hansen fans will know the significance of that sentence. I now cannot pass a Canada Goose without saying "ooo, I wanna feed the duck!"~ I then went to see Christchurch Mansion and saw some fantastic wall paintings that I had forgotten were there. I havent properly explored the mansion since I was about seven years old. each time I go, I do a little bit and save the rest for next time. This way I can go as many times as I like and still discover something new each time. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ And so, In true Deadliest Catch fan style, I leave you with a picture of the boat I Commandeered from the childrens play area. I christened her the 'F/V Obsession' and Then told some kids about Crab Fishing. It was a good day.

(oh, and for anyone who is still wondering, It takes 1,332 Licks to get to the centre of a tootsie pop! )

5 comments:

  1. roflmao you are the strangest little duck! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owl and goose. So now we know how many licks it takes to get to the center of the tootsie pop. I've never been able to do it. I think the owl needs to be named Tootsie Pop/Roll after the commercial here in the states with the owl trying to see how many licks it takes and I think he only made it to 3 (not sure on the # but the commercial was cute).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fizz blog
    I didn't know you had a blog too
    you are so talented using the language and visual communications.
    I am glad we became friends

    Donna
    mamawas

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1,332 licks huh? I knew you’d give us the answer! Glad I demanded a recount tho… you were a bit off the first go around! The owl in the commercial only made it to 3 licks and then he bit it… you should be proud of yourself, that’s quite an accomplishment! lol! So will see the FV Obsession out on the Bering Sea next season?…

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I realised, last time it wasn't really licks. it was just gobbling up a lollipop!!! How did I miss... 1,150 licks! (or whatever the figure is)

    ReplyDelete