Monday 16 February 2009

We are... Like a crab.

Yet again, I had a very enjoyable weekend at a retreat. I always seem to forget what a rewarding experience a retreat is and how muh I really like them. I never want to go and be taught/talked to/discussed with on matters of my faith as I really struggle for answers and always make a fool of myself. Fortunately I am always proved wrong and I enjoy it. (even though I didnt enjoy the fact that I was unable to get on the internet for much Forum and Blogging use.) I only have one picture that I can put up from the weekend because I have to be very careful not to upset the Child Protection factor that Mom works so hard to enforce during these things. I dont think that Brother Merchon (I think that is how you spell his name) will mind as it is a very good picture and I doubt any of his order shall be paying my blog a visit any time soon.

The funniest part of the weekend was when a habit of scuttling sideways for biscuits appeared, whilst talking in the kitchen. Not wanting the others to think we were being greedy and eating all of the custard creams, we would sneak over nonchalantly (and sideways) and quietly half-inch a bikki. When someone did spot this, I said the one line that stuck with us for the rest of the weekend. "We are... Like a Crab" *presses tips of fingers together and glares evily over them* A very odd moment occured when we were playing on the swings at the park (like ya do) and two little girls who were near us, pointed at either Brother Mershon or Father Elias and said "who is he supposed to be then? Jesus?" They weren't asking us. I kinda wish they had been as we would have been kind enough to explain and educate them if they had. As they were being quite... unimaginative -shall we say- however, we let them think what they wanted and just creased into giggles! It was nice to see people from all over the country (some of whom I hadn't seen for about 3 or 4 years and have now for some unknown reason grown Taller than me!!! (this is not allowed. they should stay 9 forever) and it was so nice to be introduced to new people and be friendly to them Lastly:

Here Today, Goo Tomorrow - Champagne & Cadbury’s Creme Egg

I thought I would show you one of the "here today, goo tomorrow" adverts as I love them! these are the Best cream egg adverts in YEARS! I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time at the retreat. I haven't been to one in years and I too, used to have to be drug to them. I always managed to escape the other folks and meditate by myself once there though. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad my parents were not religious. Id have gone nuts and been kicked out a long long time ago for arguing with a priest. I can no longer eat those eggs. mom had a habit of filling us with them until we were ready to puke. Now they are way too sweet. My kids get the little ones. love the advert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah there is definately a feeling of "going nuts" sometimes with retreats and I am like you Ang. I always find that I do all my meditating better alone (though I have admittedly been worse at it since I got addicted to DC) oh well!!!
    this is the reason Kim why I do not eat ANY cream eggs untill Easter actuall. if I eat any before, I get very sick from them LMAO!

    ReplyDelete