Friday 13 February 2009

Mystical Box of Delights

Today, after three days of (very patient) waiting for the postman to bring my package from Angela in America, I was rewarded by a ring on the doorbell and a very nice postman standing there saying "you must be Fizz!" (I think he must have thought my name was quite amusing.) I think that after talking to me, the poor guy got the wrong end of the stick and arrived at the fact that I was American. After watching too much DC, talking to one of my sisters American friends for a week and studying Norsk, I have developed a habit of saying funny 'r's. having let one of these 'r's slip out, and the postman seeing the package was from the USA, he piped up with "you know there is a website that you can order American food off. so if you get a little homesick in the future you dont have to get your family to send you stuff. you can just order it on the net!" Being quite taken aback by this random comment, I just pretended I knew what he was on about and we parted ways. after I had shut the door I suddenly twigged. By that time however, it was too late to correct his mistake so I guess to him: I am American now! this is me breaking into the parcel A very fun job! scissors wouldn't cut the tape so I took the sharpest knife in the world to it and it was open before you could say Jack Robinson!
Jif! -not on the recall list fortunately LOL!- (very funny, we have a product called Jif here, but it is bathroom cleaner!)
Ever the professional photographer, Mom managed to get a pic of me looking demented. but its a happy demented I think. it is a "look at my sack of candy" sort of demented.
soon the candy box began to draw quite a crowd! Baby Sis and the boyfriend came to have a peek
.. and we definately like the look of the multicolored fish crackers! (on the side of the packet is a yellow fish called Brooke! made me think of my YouTube buddy)
this was the moment I saw the Candy covered peanuts! Peanuts = YUM!
Thank you so much Angela for the FANTASTIC box of candy! I think it is enough to last a whole year!!! (ha! like I believe that!)
My favourites so far are the 'Bit-O'-Honey' sweets (I think I have the name right) and the sweets will definately come in useful for this weekend! A retreat has been organised which I shall attend so therefore there may be no sign of me for a couple of days! Hopefully I shall get a couple of minutes to check the forums but I think the blog shall be quiet untill monday.
have great weekends all of you!!!!!
Thanks Angela!

5 comments:

  1. Fizz, it looks like you got an assortment of all the best American snacks. Enjoy! Have a great retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she opens the package!!! Glad you like all the stuff. So now you know what Alka Seltzer is - for those that may not know, here in the U.S. there is/was a commercial for this cold medicine and the saying went "plop, plop, fizz, fizz oh what a relief it is" and someone asked Fizz about her name. So I couldn't resist - even though I use it to clean my jewelry. Now to see if Fizz can tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of the tootsie pop (there's a tootsie roll in the center). I gave her several so she has more than 1 attempt at this. I'm still enjoying my goodies. So far my faves are the Love Hearts and the Fizzers. If you're on the NW I have pictures posted of my goodies Fizz sent me. I agree with Angel Girl - never heard of a co-operative candy but that's what the foamy bananas say on the packaging. I tried the Wispa and it's similar to our Butterfinger. But I will say even if some things are similar they do have a different taste and so far I'm like England's candy. I'm slowly making my way thru it one bite at a time. Hope you have a great time at your retreat Fizz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. …First I must ask… Fizz, have you taken that shirt off yet and washed it??? Lol! Ang did good, nice assortment of snacks from the USA! Love the note on the Alka Seltzer! I’m glad you sent the Pop Rocks Ang, I was wondering if you did… Fizz, you’re gonna LOVE them… careful tho! Lol!
    How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop???… somehow I think we’re going to find out!
    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. roflmao. Wow. thats a lot of candy! If you get a hankering for anything else let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! of course I havent Angel!!!! (but I think you had already guessed this fact).
    so far, here are my thinkings on the sweets:

    smarties:
    just like our "fizzers" but without the fizz
    tootsie rolls:
    fantastic! nothing can describe them!
    mary Janes:
    very very enjoyable
    Zotz:
    amaaaaaaazing!

    so much of your candy has watermelon flavour! this is rather a novelty to me because I dont think I have EVER tasted watermelon sweets. we are rather unimaginative with our sweets I think. I am going to try and find a Cadbury's GOO advert (cream eggs) to show you as they are so sweet! (and slightly murderous!) I think you will enjoy them lots!

    ReplyDelete