Wednesday 14 January 2009

Smoke on the... ground?

Today is a good day! I have accomplished lots. I have spent the morning studying Norwegian (I am now getting the hang of dependant, subordinate and main clauses), and taking care of certain small Guinea-pigs that live in my bedroom. I also had a go at helping to tidy the kitchen but failed miserably. there is only so much i know about re-hanging curtains.
I was grateful this morning on my walk for a frost. This meant the south field was less muddy than it has been most of this week. (for the past few days it has resembled the Glastonbury Festival, with mud about 4 inches deep!) I suspected there would be a good amount of mist this morning because whilst driving to the shops last night, we passed a small valley in a field which was filled with cloud! It really looked like someone was having fun with a smoke machine!
We are realising slowly that Ipswich is a town that has very localised weather. For example, Dad was telling me the other day of occasions in the past when he has gone to his car in the evening, to find one half of his car frozen and the other half not frozen! if that isnt localised i dont know what is.
Tonight I am going out with my friends for a meal to celebrate Aimée's birthday at our favourite haunt (brilliant restaurant with TVs on the walls showing fun stuff like NASCAR etc.) There is a brilliant desert at this particular restaurant. A very naughty bowl of ice cream and chocolates that is big enough to feed about 5! I think there is a good chance of a photo of that tomorrow :D
--- I leave you with an update of the Dalmation balloon. It would appear it has learned how to climb hedges! It was actually sitting on top of the Hedge looking very regal today! Dog balloons do the funniest things!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics again Fizz. Im sitting here ready to cry.

    ReplyDelete