Saturday 24 January 2009

Finally "America's Deadliest Season" aired in Britain on Thursday. Dad and I watched it (me with much excitement) and thought it was fantastic! It was the fist time it has been shown in Britain (though don't quote me on that). The only problem, was that ITV did not publicise it at all! So by the time any of us heard about it, two episodes had already shown! (and I have it on good authority that those were the two episodes with lots of footage of the Northwestern)
Dad was multitasking as usual. He was both watching "Deadliest Season" with me and reading an aircraft magazine! Halfway through the episode he showes me an article about the 'Midway' an Amerian aircraft carrier that has just been turned into a floating museum. His comment went something like this: "Look at this Fizz! think of how many crab pots you could fit on the back of that ship!" we both burst into laughter at the thought of a ship with about 4 and a half ACRES of deck space stacked high with crab pots. Dad's next comment was "the good thing is, there are catapults at the stern of the ship so you can just chuck the pots off the back of the boat!"
Now that would be a GREAT way of fishing on the Bering sea.
I made some new fishing rigs today for when Dad and I finally get to do our next fishing trip. I am getting quite good at them now I think and hardly injured myself on the hooks at all! though the table got a few holes in the varnish. *puts on innocent face. "I didn't do it! Daddy did!"*

2 comments:

  1. lol@dads comment. Yeah that would be interesting to watch Edgar using a catapult to launch pots. hmm. Maybe you should send that article to him with your dads and your commentary. He would probably crack up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I SO should!!! if you know how i could do that, pray tell!

    ReplyDelete