Sunday 25 January 2009

Burns' Night (the noo!)

Excellent sunset last night, and I am now beginning to realise what a handy resource my Mobile Phone is! It might be a little unpredictable and you have to hold it very still and not breath for about 20 seconds while you take the photo, but usually, the charming little thing takes quite good pictures! One must just treat it kindly.
Once the sun had set , there was a fantastic pinky glow in the sky and The last rays made the evening quite magical. Venus was bright tonight -or what I am thinking was Venus at any rate- and I got to watch it all the way home from the Grandparents house.
Tonight, family and friends are partying Scottish style! Tonight is Burns' night! (Robert Burns was a scottish poet who wrote hugely depressing poems and this year marks the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns' birth) Every year on Burns' night, we have Haggis, Potatoes, Leek, Swede (among other things) and Whiskey.
Beware the Scottish Whiskey. I only ever drink Whiskey on Burns' Night because it gives me an incredible headache! I am all for celebrating however. In fear of how my head shall feel later on therefore, I say: "why mess with tradition!".
So tonight shall be fun I think. If we can keep the book of Burns poetry out of Mum's hand, that is!
Yes we like celebrating Robert Burns night. but that doesn't mean we need to hear from him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I dont care how Scottish I am <1/2> I will never ever eat Haggis!! Love the sunset pics. Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete