Saturday 10 January 2009

IFQ Weathermen

I had a funny conversation with my Father today! I was telling him about the "how's the weather for you?" thread on the F/V Northwestern forums. He seemed mildly intregued at the thought of a whole thread dedicated to the weather! (because the English love to talk about the weather of course!)
At the end of my description of flooding in Seattle and cold, windy Norway, He came up with a briliant one liner.
Dad: "So somewhere in the world is there a weather forum discussing crab fishing?"
I had to laugh at this because he conjured up such a picture in my mind. Weather forecasters sitting in their offices discussing IFQs, Fishing Vessels, and Dutch Harbour! (it probably happens aswell!)
Sticking with the weather for a bit:
winter is still here! pack ice still exists on the duck pond and icicles are plentiful! celebrations all around!

3 comments:

  1. The main reason English talk about their weather is because its absolutely incredible. You get everything all in one day! Love the pic. It must be nice to be able to chat about little things like that with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I love your Dad's comment. That is clever!!!!
    Thanks for the pics...didn't know you had a blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures are amazing fizz :P!

    ReplyDelete