Tuesday 20 January 2009

Forgotten Farm

Monty and I strolled down to the tumbledown barn this morning! This is not a place we visit very often as the weather has to be perfect. the slightest breath of wind makes the structure groan in the most threatening way. The picture above is of one of the best preserved of the buildings. It used to be a pigsty (but to be honest, it could have been anything. there is too much Ivy now to tell what it was). The funny thing is however, it still looks quite cosy in a funny sort of way and I am sure that some creature or another will have made it "home". The weather in Ipswich has been stormy for the last few days. Cold aswell! I was in danger of "making ice" this morning. At the duck pond, every time a car went through the puddle that is ALWAYS there, the spray stuck to everything and froze! seeing a coating of ice on a chainlink fence made me think of the Bering Sea and how bad the ice is reported to be up there. our ice is nothing compared to that! This morning Monty and I came across the tell-tale signs of the gales that we have been experiencing. A combination of dead hedges and high winds is not a good thing (though i think Monty definately enjoyed the novelty of a new bush that needed good investigation)
Next, we took a peek at the stables field that has about 5 horses in it.
The horses actually wanted to say hello to me today!
(well. one of them did.)
So that was my day! I wonder what fun things you guys did!
Tomorrow there is a present for Kim Braun! untill then, have wonderfull evenings, all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Do you work? No..I'm just asking...I am wanting to blog..and then I am not...b/c I work full time and can't take and upload photos all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a present for me? lol what did I do to deserve that lol. I dont blog either...but mostly cuz I have absolutely nothing to blog about. Purr...always keep a camera handy. sometimes a quick snap and you find some extremely interesting things to remember your day by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..you are right. I don't think I have anything exciting to blog about and there are things that I could blog about that could be juicy/fun but since people that I don't want to read stuff potentially could...it's not a good idea. You never know who's checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purr you ever need someone to chat with lol....email me! my info is on forums! dragonrider

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont work no. :(
    I stay at home, tidy the house etc and study. I have a master plan though!!! muahahahaha!
    to be honest, There isnt all that much worth blogging about here either! but somehow i end up in a bloggish sort of mood and as things happen i think "aha! something for the blog!"
    If you do do a blog, you can count me in as a follower! :D
    (i have just realised how many times i wrote the word blog in this comment!)
    --- and Kim, you just deserve a teeny tiny present lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kim. I appreciate the offer of an ear.
    And Fizz I enjoy your blog. I think I would enjoy doing it even if no one else cared. I'll let you know when I start :)

    ReplyDelete