Thursday 29 January 2009

Elbow fights and village idiots.

Darn.
What a couple of days. As you can see Mum, the sister and I did get out for a bit of excercise but among all the excitement of visiting my Grandmother, we all kind of forgot to do anything! So many things happened on wednesday!
  • Grandmother found mice in her understairs cupboard,
  • I found a TARDIS in one of her plate cupboards, and a musical cup in another cupboard! (what delights can be found in cupboards! I shall have to make a mental note to look in them more regularly!)
  • Mum and the Sister played a hilarious game of Scrabble in which the first word to be placed on the board by my sister was 'fart', which then became 'farty' later on (this kind of set the tone).
  • We were fed to within an inch of our lives,
  • And I got to read around half of my Time Bandit book! (an afternoon well spent I think!)

The best thing about the last couple of days however was how much quality time I got to spend with my sister. The fact that she lives in Scotland now makes 'sister time' an extreme rarity so when I get her to myself I make the most of it. We laughed lots and even had an elbow fight at the dinner table! (I dont think Grandmother was best pleased)

so that was my weekend! Sorry Kim, no pictures of inner London for you! the part of london in which my Grandmother lives is very rural so anyone who does where a huge big fluffy hats is generally called 'the village idiot'. I did seriously think of putting a very good picture of Big Ben on this post for you from when I went in December but I thought that since it was about a month ago, you might think you were being cheated a little bit. Next time I promise to get some nice London Pictures for you!

3 comments:

  1. lol post the pic. it sounds like you guys had a blast. OMG a Tardis!!! lol see if you can ship that to the US....please. I have 2 of the figures. I need a Tardis though. Maybe for my bday Ill have my stepdad get me the big one. I can only imagine how bad that game got lol. We usually end up playing UNO when we do family get together...or cribbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh forgot to add. If you see any red boxes. Pics please! I know they arent everywhere...but if you come across one. Any cool pics of English stuff will make me happy. Even country side pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrabble can be dangerous if you're in a silly mood!!! Sounds like you had fun Fizz!

    ReplyDelete