Thursday 30 April 2009

Watch out for the Crabs!!!

Today was a quiet day. Mom and I went to Felixtowe which was looking beautiful in the spring sunshine. I took a picture of a road Sign for Ang, (being a Norman Girl, I thought she might like the street name). Also, I managed to find a sign in a shop which is probably the BEST thing I have found this year!!!
"life is a beach - watch out for the crabs".
I saw it and knew there was no way I was going to get away without buying it. After my crab oriented purchase, we drove a little way through town to a beach where there were no touristy places, no noisy arcade promenade, and where Monty could be let off the lead in safe knowlege that he wouldn't cause trouble.
Mom and I just watched the ships sail in and out of the Port of Feloxtowe. The sun was shining and the air was warm (Mom still managed to get cold however, so she borrowed my hoodie).
It is amazing what sunshine and a soft breeze can do. I am not a 'beach' person by nature, inasmuch as I hate sunbathing and I dislike sand inbetween my toes and having nothing to do except get sand under your fingernails, (Fishing is fine. you wear wellies, a hat, and generally get cold and have a great time casting, baiting and -hopefully- hauling in fish). Today however, I actually threw caution to the winds kicked off my boots (which never usually leave my feet), rolled up my jeans and explored the beach with monty hot on my heels. A nice change.
Tonight I am by planning on cosying down with some dinner and some Deadliest Catch. Nothing changes there, but I think my saying of "shut up, I'm happy" would be an acceptable thing to say at this juncture.
Have a very happy Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wonder why I like that 2nd picture :-) I like them all actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe you can even see a row of quaint little british beach huts!!! :D multicoloured sheds are fabulous lol!

    ReplyDelete