Monday 20 April 2009

Fizzy's Northwestern Tribute!

Tadaaaaaa!!!!
My Northwestern Hard boiled eggs are finished!!! (now there is a sentence I never thought I would say!)
After the very cool Obscuria made some of these for easter and posted about them on her blog at the Northwestern forums, I felt I just had to have a go! Easter is over (technically speaking) so I cannot claim them to be easter eggs but season 5 of Deadliest Catch is premiering tomorrow for us in Britain, so I thought the eggs could be made in honour of that!
To make them, I 'hatched' the very cunning plan of printing out some Northwestern crests, drawing round them with pencil, and then transferring the pencil lines onto the egg so that I wouldn't have to draw the crest. Every time in the past that I have tried to draw the NW crest It has come out looking just a tad demented. I thought therefore that this would be a time saver. It wasn't. Unfortunately, my cunning plan did not work (dont ask me why), so I therefore drew them freehand and actually for once managed to get the crest looking ok!!!
~~~ There is now
1 Day, 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
to go before I get to see the first episode and Im not sure it is possible to be more excited than I am now!
Mom and Dad got to see the new trailer for DC last night and to my surprise, they actually fell silent to watch it!!! Are maybe Mom and Dad as excited as me?? probably not, but they are intregued and that is a bit better from being indifferent I guess!
I am on Tenterhooks waiting for tomorow! It's going to be a brilliant evening with Discovery giving us 2 HOURS of DC before the 1st episode of season 5 begins. I shall be getting in Doritos, Reeses cups and Pepsi for my DC night and THEN I shall finally be allowed to see the episode 1 discussion threads on the NW forums! (what a pity that everyone in the USA will be discussing episode two by then!)
Enjoy the rest of your Monday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I bet the chicken that laid those eggs has a Northwestern crest on it's back!... lol! ;o)
    They look great Fizz!.. Too good to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! unfortunately I ate one for tea LOL!
    I had nothing else to eat!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing!!! Hope they taste as good as they look! Enjoy epi 1. We will enjoy epi2 tomorrow. If you wanna chat on webcams let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Fizz! They're beautiful, but they are made for eating! Don't feel guilty as you peel away the shell. Woo Hoo for tonight! One for you, Two for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear I may indeed have to get over my loathedness to eat them :D they are very yummy so the guilt has subsided a little lol :D

    I cannot WAIT for tonight! 4 hours 15 minutes!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe your countdown is down to minutes about now! Have you succeeded in peeling an egg without breaking the shell around the logo? They look great!

    ReplyDelete