Sunday 19 April 2009

~this is just about as big as the fishing boats get in this neck of the woods~
Today was so pretty! Therefore, Mom Dad, Baby Sis and I went for a walk in Levington which is near to the coast. we saw so much fun stuff (my favourite of which is a yacht called Celtic Fizz and a Huge heavy duty truck with wheels almost as tall as me!) Monty hadn't had his walk yet when we went out, so as you can imagine, he was a very happy dog and I managed to get quite a cool picture of him running full pelt past me. he must have been going at such a rate because I felt the ground shake beneath me! (I have also just noticed that in the picture no part of him is actually touching the ground! I have a flying dog!!!)
There was so much to photograph today! for the past few days I have been in a very unimaginative mood. Therefore, I havent been able to take very many photographs. I guess spring and summer are not going to be my friends for photography. Everything seems to look the same on sunny days! I shall persevere and hopefully find my inspiration again.
Dad Has been trying to speak Norwegian today... This is probably very hard to explain to someone who has never experienced Dad's foreign language attempts. Basically, Dad's attempts at Norwegian sound very much like a rendition of "Bill and Ben the flowerpot men" (which was a childrens television program in the 50s I think. Bill and Ben had a vocbulary of one phrase. "flobb-a-dobb"). Dad's one word that he knows in Norsk is "Ja!" so after that, he reverts to "flobb-a-dobb-a-dobb" which is quite offputting when one is reading to yourself from a Norwegian coursebook.
I shall leave you with two of the fun photographs of the day! I really couldn't believe the boat Celtic Fizz! that was sort of odd!
Have a great day everyone! and I reccomend you go and check out Brooke's blog! she's such a good photographer and I love reading her blog "Canadian Voices" http://13rook3.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog!!! I have a standard google daily search report on Deadliest Catch and your blog was on it this AM!!!

    Your blog is as newsy as DHD is...
    Thanks for sharing your day
    DOnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day you had! Celtic Fizz!.. how about that!?! Love the action shot of Monty... aka "Monty the Flying Dog"! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!!! Celtic Fizz... I dont even know what that name means!! :D
    what is a "celtic" and why does it "fizz" :)

    oo! how does this google daily search work mamawas? i am intregued!

    ReplyDelete