Monday 6 April 2009

A Northwestern Pillow! and loooots of candies!

~All my lovely treats from Angela!~
~Any question as to what my favourite candy in the universe is??~ ~The FANTASTIC and unexpected present of a Northwestern pillow!~
~My favourite pillow!~
What a day!!! Before I had even woken up and finished my morning cup of coffee, there was a ring on the doorbell! Still half asleep, I didn't really relish the thought of getting up and dealing with a stranger on the doorstep. I therefore let Mom go and answer the door and two minutes later she came and dumped a cardboard box on my bed. There were two countries that this box could have come from, Norway or the U.S.A. and reading the label I discovered it was indeed from Angela in the U.S.A. I also found a label saying what the package contained. "Candy and Pillow".
I couldnt wait to open the package but I thought that I would wait. Aimee was coming round so I thought she might like to help me open the parcel. Aimée is on holiday now from work for two weeks so I shall hopefully be seeing much more of her soon. Today she came with the film 'Twilight'. Before watching the DVD however, we decided to open the parcel and discover what was inside. The first thing to come out of the box was my NW pillow! I dont know how Ang made it but it is amazing and it shall probably follow me around the house for a while! out of the box next came the candies and probably the most intregueing thing in the parcel is a packet of charleston chews! they sound very fun! Also there are some Ho Hos and Hostess bars (I think Hostess bars are twinkie bars? I love twinkies but havent had one in about 16 years). Angela sent some other things aswell such as Ranch Dressing! Finally I get to find out what that is as everyone seems to love it across the pond.
After discovering the fantastic contents of the parcel, Aimée and I settled down to watch 'Twilight' which I must admit, is brilliant. I havent really caught the Twilight "bug" yet but after seeing the film, I am quite interested in reading the books! (also a very handsome male lead doesn't hurt)
Now, I am watching Trawlermen. a lesser BBC Deadliest Catch rip off. Stil with some great pictures of stormy seas and fishing boats though. Only watch it if you are VERY deadliest Catch deprived is my tip!
For tonight however, Have fun, be happy, and happy Tuesday for tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. wow! great box of goodies! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally the package has arrived. I had classes this morning and then tonight (it's already your tomorrow and fixing to be mine) so I didn't get home until around 10 (3AM for you). Glad you like the pillow. Don't be surprised if you find some of Brewster and Simcha's hairs on it - they love pillows :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I didn't find any of Simcha's or Brewster's hairs but within 5 seconds of it being out of the box, monty had jumped all over it and so it has now been subjected to Monty's hairs! what a shame Ang, I went to bed at around 3! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hostess has a few different cakes. Yellow sponge with creme is twinkies. I might have to send you a box lol. LOL I saw the little M&M in the middle of the stash and laughed cuz my kids all got those as well lol. Love the pillow...wheres mine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang did a great job on the pillow! Fizz, you might want to put the Charleston Chews in the freezer… they’re yummy frozen!

    ReplyDelete