Friday 1 May 2009

May Day!

I am sorry about the lateness of these pictures, It has taken a while to get them uploaded. I hope you enjoy them however.
My family and I were up at 4 in the morning on May the 1st to welcome May and the coming of summer. It is always so magical to take part in this and as I promised in January I think, here are some pictures of our adventure!
~The Green Man~~Awaiting the sun~
~The musicians providing the traditional tunes~
~The Police showed up! I believe they must have thought we were an illegal rave or some such (not surprising with the whacking of sticks and handkerchief waving!)~
~as we watched, Fishing boats started to appear and make their way out to sea for their day's fishing~ ~It was as if the whole world was waiting for the sun to rise~ ~the sun starting to sppear was a magical event. I was (I think) the first to spot it and pointed it out to a few people~ ~The Sun is finally here!!!~ ~The men stood in a group and sang in May. I wish I had know the words! it was a beautiful song.~ ~and now, back to the dancing!~ ~I went down to the beach to get some photographs~ ~"the money shot"~ ~now that the Sun had risen, we all trouped off home. It was a wonderful day!~ ~The East Suffolk Morris Men~

2 comments: