Monday 18 May 2009

Back into the swing of things.


Hello everyone! It has been a while since I have posted anything on my blog. without going into things too much, I had a hard week. I think that should be sufficient! So now that I am back in the swing of things, I thought that I would get back into the very rewarding process of blogging.
Yesterday was the first Home match for the Ipswich Cardinals my home American Football team. I always enjoy going to watch them play. There are some great folks supporting them including one American man who would give most comedians a run for their money. He had the whole stand laughing their heads off with his shouted comments to the referee (and boy can he shout!)
We were playing the Peterborough Saxons (playing in blue) and we had a great time shouting down their (three) supporters that were in the stands near us. If the three of them yelled "saxons!" the whole congregation of us Ipswichians would yell "CARDINALS!!!"
Amongst the changes for this year, We now have Cheerleeders!!! The poor girls stood for hours in the cold, the wind and the rain in short skirts and t-shirts! Thanks to the efforts of these brave girls, our cheers were much louder!
One thing I need to remember though next time is that I should NOT eat lunch before I go to one of these games. The Refreshments stand is just TOO tempting! I ended up having a jumbo hot dog and a Dr Pepper. Honestly. what more could you want! Football, a hot dog and Dr Pepper! bliss.

After The Football, Grandma and Grandad came round for tea and then after we had taken them home I took a walk to capture a sunset. It had all but dissappeared by the time I got to the best location, but I can't be lucky every time can I.

1 comment: