Wednesday 27 May 2009

Camping and Hilariousness

~Glow Poi at 1 in the Morning~
~the pose of the weekend. (This pic got me mistaken for a guy!!! and I have discovered that electrical tape is better than plasters! - see thumb-)~
~Dusk on the first night~ ~The flags of St. George (England) and St. Perran (Cornwall)~ I haven't had so much fun in ages as I had in Walsingham over the weekend. It was time yet again for the NACF's annual pilgramage to the shrine of our lady of walsingham (NACF= the National Association of Catholic Families) so we all packed our trailers with tents and headed towards norfolk from as far away as Pennsylvania in the USA!! The days were Sunny, Hot and with hardly a breath of wind. This was such a change from the usual weather which is Cold, Windy and Rainy! None of us could believe our luck and so ALL of the kids (me included) were running around in bare feet all weekend! I saw old friends I hadn't seen in about three years and marvelled at how much they have grown up and changed since then! It was great to hang out and just have fun with some hilarious people. One of our favourite haunts at walsingham is the ford just down the stream from our field where we stay. Any spare moment that occurs during the day is greeted with the question "shall we go to the ford?" indeed, it now is taken for granted that we will hang out at the ford anyway, so people tend to gravitate in that general direction. This picture was taken a couple of years ago but nothing ever changes at the ford. Ever beautiful and special every time. (and peaceful Untill the NACF arrives) My bruises are now flourishing from all my knocks and beatings from the weekend (a couple from the poi) as I found out the best way to silence someone making playful jokes about my height is to (playfully) punch them! (at which point I get punched back) :D My family has been attending the Walsingham pilgramage ever since I was tiny (and the NACF itself was formed when I was 6 months old! ) so every time we arrive it is like seeing an old friend after a long time apart. A big part of the pilgramage is the Holy Mile. We all walk a mile into the village (along some quite stony paths) saying the Rosary. Lots of people like to do this mile barefoot and this year I managed it!!! my feet were so painfull at the end however, I had to wear some shoes to actually get home. I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment