Wednesday 10 June 2009

Field gates

Sometimes I find that the simplest things can be photogenic.
Today I was having trouble with my camera. Nothing looked good in its viewfinder. Eventually I gave up and went home but on my way back, I stopped at a field gate to watch a bunny grazing on some grass. I leaned upon the fence and sudenly realised that I was very close to a perfect picture!
Ivy is probably my favourite plant. (creepers in general really). The new shoots that curl their way through anything are so delicate but can force their way through most things. Our garden fence has rotted away completely now but since it is covered and interwoven with this tenacious weed, the fence has stayed upright for years after it should have fallen over!
As I eyed this young tendril of Ivy, I realised that to get to it, I would have to wade through a bank of stinging nettles. I considered this problem and then decided "what the hell." I therefore made my way into the deadly stinging nettles and obtained a photograph! the one thing that had been eluding me all afternoon!
Photograph obtained, I went home feeling much more satisfied with my afternoon!
(p.s. I didn't get stung once!)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Fizz and well written! Glad the Stinging Nettles didn’t getcha!

    ReplyDelete